Sunday, March 24, 2013

An unexpected visit

Finally after almost 5 years, I eventually went to my in-laws home to pay them a visit. What prompted me? My dad in-law celebrated his birthday last week and during Sarah's visit to their house recently, he asked for a present from me. She came back and told me and of course I was shocked! Didn't expect that at all! At spur of the moment I decided to buy something and first I thought I would get the kids to pass the gifts to them. However, after thinking hard, I decided to send them myself.

My heart was throbbing fast as I drove to their place... The once familiar route I had travelled seemed far and the thought of being in that house almost chickened me out. But I pulled my courage and continued my journey to their house... In my heart, I was praying that nobody else would be at home except for his parents....

With couple of gifts and two packets of chicken chops in hand, I arrived. As I stepped into the house, I can still feel the awkward feeling; not wanted and not welcomed...; but I remained calm. I am just there to give their presents and after half an hour, I was already on my way out.... The meeting turned out okay and no harsh words being exchanged between us.

A didn't call me about the visit as I expected his parents would have called him to inform. Perhaps he wouldn't mind. He had hinted to me a couple of times to go to his parents house to pick up Sarah and I refused. The visit ended my fears of "what if" and I thank God nothing worse had happened. I had performed my duty as a daughter and I pray that all will end well in the future....


No comments:

Post a Comment