Monday, March 8, 2010

In the memory of a good friend....


It had been more than 8 months since she left us. Even now still I could not get her out of my system. I can still feel her existence and whenever I passed by her house, I can still see her there.
I have been wanting to write about her but I just could not put my feelings in writing. She is like a big sister to me and second mum to my kids. She got her nickname from Zaki when Zaki was still a toddler. Everyone called her by the name 'Mak Iti' since then.
She took care of Zaid and Sarah during my confinement and helped me through my rough times. She took care of the kids for a month when I went to perform haj in 2002. When I got the call at 6 am on July 3, 2009 infornming that she had passed away due to heart attack, I was devastated. Even the day before, she called me to meet her but I was a bit busy and could not meet her. The next day, she was gone. I could not comprehend and only after I saw her body lying lifeless, then only I believed that she left us.
My kids skipped school and were at the surau together with me. We went to the cemetery and Sarah kept asking why and what had happened. It was very hard explaining to her. Until now, Sarah will still ask me whether Mak Iti is still at the surau whenever we passed by the surau.
Her scarifices for the community at our place would be remembered forever. We still mention her name and felt that she's always around us.
To Allahyarhamah Hajjah Siti Hatijah, we missed you and love you always....

No comments:

Post a Comment