Sunday, March 13, 2011

A long awaited meeting

After almost three years, I finally met my x-in laws at a funeral of A's relative. He SMS me in the morning to inform me and I decided to pay a visit. I knew that I will be meeting his family but I still went on as there's nothing to fear of. I Salam both mum n dad in- laws and chit chatted awhile with mum. I then met his siblings and finally I met A. We exchanged a few words regarding the kids witnessed by his mum. Then we parted....

It felt a bit odd actually. On my way there, I was imagining and wondering what should I say to them and surprisingly, the meeting went well. No fighting, bickering etc. I can see that his other relatives were also looking at our reactions. I have fulfilled my obligation towards his relatives as that aunt of his visited me when I was ill during my marriage.

I felt good that I did not feel bad towards his family and his extended family welcomed me. I can say that now, I am obviously over the matter. Perhaps with him marrying, the situation between us changed. I am not angry at all, in fact I felt relieved knowing that. At last I am free from him....Totally free....

Tq again to A for the 19 years together and may your present will last longer....

No comments:

Post a Comment