Monday, October 26, 2009

My dear Aunt




As I lost my mum 24 years ago, my aunt has been the replacement. I confided in her in everything and I am happy that she is there whenever I needed her. We share a common name actually. My name was given by my late grandfather. Well... he named my aunt first. She is only 12 years older than me. When I was a toddler, my aunt took care of me and I call her kakak. My siblings and I followed my late youngest uncle who called her kakak.
Kakak has been a good listener and advisor. She is calm and patient. She supported my decision and she helped me through and through. For the last six years (after her husband passed away of kidney problem), she would come visit me and stayed with me for a few days during school holidays. My kids are fond of her and called her opah and will look forward for her every visit. For them, she is the opah they never had. My kids are attached to her and I thanked her for her presence in my life.
I respect and adored her as my own mum. Kakak, thank you....

No comments:

Post a Comment