Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My siblings







My family came from Ipoh. I was born in Ipoh. I did my primary until Std 5 in Ipoh. My father then moved to Kota Bharu and I finished my primary there. I went to a boarding school in Kelantan and a small part of me still feel that I am part Kelantanese. Hahahah... well I can speak their dialect well.
My father moved to four more towns while I was at secondary school. My other siblings followed my parents. Thus that made them more attached to my parents. Whereas I was only back during school hols which was actually did not coincide with their holidays. I was always alone and eventually I was closer to my freinds. I would find ways to visit my friends during school holidays no matter where they were. Good ole days....
I am the youngest in the family and the only one educated in Malay Medium. My father was concerned about this and he insisted that I speak mainly in English to him. He would correct my language if I did wrong and I am proud of him. He died in April 1994 at 70 and only had seen my first born, Zaki. Dont think Zaki even remembered him.... Too bad. So when we had Zaid, I make sure Zaid carried his name, Ghazali.
My two brothers and sister now live in Klang Valley. They have their own family and we do meet up for gatherings. Somehow or rather, I became a bit distanced after my separation. I wonder why too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment